Is there something off about your truck? It’s easy for many truckers to overlook common signs of much-needed repair. Spot the signs early and find heavy duty truck repair in Edmonton to ensure it remains in top performance!
Inspecting Your Truck for Potential Repairs
Engine Light is Flashing
Flashing engine lights is the most obvious and overlooked indicator of an issue. It can highlight a problem with the emissions system, which can harm the catalytic converter when the vehicle is driven without repair.
Slow to Start Up
Can’t hit the road fast enough because your truck fails to start up quickly? Then you might be dealing with a failing battery. On the other hand, it can be coming from your starter that’s starting to see its last days.
Sudden Strange Noises
Trucks are already rather loud as it is. If you can hear a new, unfamiliar noise among all the usual noises that trucks make, it can signal trouble – especially if you notice it’s coming from your engine. Knocking sounds from your engine indicate your bearings are done and can lead to engine failure.
Odd Exhaust Smoke Colour
The colour of your smoke can say a lot about what’s going wrong with your truck’s exhaust.
If you notice your smoke is in any of these colours, you need to go in for repairs:
- White: Can indicate your truck isn’t burning enough fuel and mean your cool system isn’t feeling too hot – with coolant leaking into the engine.
- Blue or Gray: Signals an oil leak in the engine’s critical seal points, causing the oil to burn.
- Black: Too much black smoke signifies your truck is burning too much gasoline. Or too rich of a fuel combination for combustion because of a faulty fuel injector.
Subpar Steering Performance
Not being able to steer properly can be a safety issue when you have too much body roll. These can result from misaligned or damaged tires that can be problematic -especially during harsh weather conditions or seasons. Alternatively, it can be rooted in your power steering system.
Problems with Braking
Another safety hazard in the making is not being able to break properly and should be taken seriously for repairs. Breaking issues can stem from various places, but here are a few potential culprits:
- Brake pads and shoes don’t work anymore
- Brake fluid leak or air got into the brake system.
Mileage is important for truckers since they drive long distances daily. However, if you’re seeling your mileage take a dip, it can be one of two reasons:
- Guzzling Fuel Quickly: It can either be the tires need more air pressure, your brake pads are sticking, or your truck may need an overhaul.
- Grinding & Jerking: If you can’t shift properly without jerking or grinding, it’s an obvious issue within your transmission.
Do you need industry-leading heavy duty truck repairs in Edmonton? Mach 6 is your team. As the leading experts in truck repairs, we offer you fast, high-quality services that maximize your heavy duty trucks and fleet’s operational capacity, eliminating downtime and enhancing productivity. With mobile truck repair services and a heavy duty mechanic shop in Edmonton, we can provide both in-house services and 24/7 on-the-spot emergency repairs across Alberta, guaranteeing you access to high-quality heavy truck repair services. Our highly-trained Red-Seal heavy equipment technicians can get your truck back on the road, undertaking major repairs or quick-fire fleet maintenance, whenever you need it! Call us now!